Blue Mage, What do you think about it?

Feel free to talk about anything here.
Runeblade
Pro Botter

Hey guys, Just wondering, with the new expansion and all coming out and the adding in new jobs, What do you all think of Blue mage?
I'd love it.
jester

we'll just have to wait and see the specifics
Runeblade
Pro Botter

Err, Well I can post up the previous spells, they've had in the previous FF Games Blue mages had, as for the new ones, not sure
Runeblade
Pro Botter

lack Shock
Reduces the enemy's level by half.

Red Feast
Drains HP from the enemy and gives it to caster.

Doom Claw
Reduces the HP of the enemy down to a single digit number and paralyzes them.

Roulette
Spinning cursor will instantly kill the enemy or ally it lands in front of.

Blow Fish
1000 HP damage on one enemy.

MagHammer
Takes away half the enemy's MP.

White Wind
Restores HP to all party members in the amount of current HP the caster has. ( lol could be half of caster Hp instead )

Mighty Guard
Protect and Shell on party. ( Could be different levels.)

Rippler
Switches Status buffs and debuffs of caster and target.

Bad Breath
Causes all bad aliments to target.

Spider Web (Slow or Slowga)
Wyvern Breath (Fire Spell) Aoe

I doubt it though. I got this from another website.
mdflows
L33t Botter

I think blue mage will be a fun job to have. I will probably get the quest done for it as soon as the expansion comes out.

I'll level it up a bit when I get bored with my NPC. I hope they come out with more jobs then just this though...

From the preview I think they are holding back alot of info on the new expansion.

And if they only come out with one new job I mean how do they expect to keep all those people that have been at end game for quite some time now.
Jinzoh
Programmer

Bst/Blue mage XD
laura
BANNED BITCH

there are some picture of the blue mage - 1 pic shows the mage useing Spider Web
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Runeblade
Pro Botter

I'd love to be a blue mage in that gear. Can't wait until other jobs too :grin:
SeniorRice
L33t Botter

i may be the only one but i think it sounds pretty gay
Mr. Anderson

SeniorRice wrote:i may be the only one but i think it sounds pretty gay
Think you might be one of the only ones though. I've been waiting for Blue Mages to be installed on the game, looks like it'll be a pretty awesome job.
evildr
!MAXIMUM RANK!

It might be interesting but I never liked blue mages in the previous games either, always struck me as a cheep gimmick job. At least in the past it never came close to offering the damage potential of blm's or the versatility in spells of any mage job.
burners
Site Admin

"Roulette
Spinning cursor will instantly kill the enemy or ally it lands in front of. "

haha I love it.

Man Im sorry I killed all you guys and myself, I really though sooner or later it would land on the mob :)
Badgerflips
Intermediate Botter

I know it would be at least a year before I ever level it due to the fact that there will be 4000 bluemages leveling in valk. Also, since blm stands for blackmage, what the hell is the short version of bluemage? bum?
Snoopy
Pro Botter

what badgerflips said. I'm seriously not looking forward towards the day they introduce bluemage into FFXI. Hundreds of people will drop the jobs they are leveling and overpopulate the lower spectrum of the level population. But the good thing I can see about this is exploiting the people who will buy low level armor for any price ;) time to get crafting!!!
laura
BANNED BITCH

I'm seriously not looking forward towards the day they introduce bluemage into FFXI. Hundreds of people will drop the jobs they are leveling and overpopulate the lower spectrum of the level population.
Remember Blue Mage isn't the only job being added Pirate and something like "Alchemist" will be added also - the Alchemist is unconfirmed its just hear say, but the Pirate job will be added. Its and spell casting thief of sorts. I will post links to the articles when i look it up again.

Return to “Lounge”