Anyone -know- exactly how GM can detect you using hacks?

Post anything FFXI releated in here.
Kyoshinra
Pro Botter

..I just made this post but accidently closed the window >.<. here I go again.
I have been through all the forums on burners alot, and often hear that GMs can certainly detect if you were to use POS or Argus and warp around. Now I use POS and Argus alot, and have yet to be caught, but I do know there is a risk of certain detection by a GM if you get a GM call on you for using them. Can anyone explain how they detect you? The closest thing I have heard to answer this is that they check the log of the zone or something and check for abnormalities. And I read a post about a guy from burners that got sent to jail because he was afk shout spamming stuff he was selling in his bazaar, and the GM that he talked to, could see how many seconds inbetween shouts he was doing it. Now my shot at answering this is, you know the frequency in Argus? How you can set it to spam like between 5-120 Alt-0 macros when the NM pops, well maybe the NM can see that it is somehow impossible to spam the Macro so fast, but I do know and have tried testing this by holding down "ALT" and tapping any "#" and it is possible to spam it fast.

Now to the damned GS. There are two GS on the Asura server named Chinesedragon and Oldmen, they have been camping O. Kote NM for MONTHS STRAIGHT, and I am sure that they have gotten GM calls before, but I suspect they dont use Argus to -warp- to the NM. I have out claimed them a couple times on Mee deggi using Argus and Loom checked, and they get really pissed and threaten to call a GM on me in broken english. I think they have studied and learned the exact PH and Hoo pop times and windows, because every now and again they will use Flee and run all around the area, and always get the claim unless the NM pops right in front of someone or I out claim them with Argus, but when I used Argus and Loom checked on O. Kote NM, its like the GS warped to the NM also, cuz they were right there when I warped to the NM. hmm, I dont know., Anyone care to 'collaborate' with what I have said? thank you for youre time.
Infamouskiller

Long as you warp once for the day GM cant tell
And most likly if there hacking also they cant call a GM

I was warping around one day and some retard was training mobs on me and hiding trying to mpk for fun. to get a NM claim

after 10 or 11 tries of him trying to tk me I decided to call GM.

I was later jailed for warping it seems the GM look at the callers logs as well as the violator.
if there hacking they prob empty threats and if they do decide to call a gm.

thell be banned
Infamouskiller

what server you on
Cooleko
Mod in Training

i have heard about these two gilsellers before.... it seems that GMs have no effect on them. A LOT of people have reported them for using hacks, and they have yet to be banned. if you have flee, a great way to do what they do.... make sure mragrus has a low low low wait....
/flee
/wait 1
/follow <t>
/wait 1
/ja "Provoke" <t>

the first wait one actaully is only allowing time for the NM to pop, because mr argus isnt waiting, you have to and you are already fleed before the pop
Prince
L33t Botter

Cooleko wrote:i have heard about these two gilsellers before.... it seems that GMs have no effect on them. A LOT of people have reported them for using hacks, and they have yet to be banned. if you have flee, a great way to do what they do.... make sure mragrus has a low low low wait....
/flee
/wait 1
/follow <t>
/wait 1
/ja "Provoke" <t>

the first wait one actaully is only allowing time for the NM to pop, because mr argus isnt waiting, you have to and you are already fleed before the pop

Thats Humonguosly obvious... You might as well warp >.>
Cooleko
Mod in Training

and flawed, but didnt know that at the time. but sure you caught on to that too.
Cyrex
Intermediate Botter

Infamouskiller wrote:Long as you warp once for the day GM cant tell

I was warping around one day and some retard was training mobs on me and hiding trying to mpk for fun. to get a NM claim

I was later jailed for warping it seems the GM look at the callers logs as well as the violator.

thell be banned
yea, i called gm on someone harrasing me, got jailed for calling someone else a noob >.>
snake4027
L33t Botter

Cyrex wrote:
Infamouskiller wrote:Long as you warp once for the day GM cant tell

thell be banned
yea, i called gm on someone harrasing me, got jailed for calling someone else a noob >.>
lol lol lol lol
Jinzoh
Programmer

haha, yea, i've done alot of random crap... good thing i'm not on any lists... lol i sometimes call GMs up just to talk to em >_> they have one ghetto GM that answers to all MY calls and just chills lol.. good times
Snoopy
Pro Botter

They never detect hacks per se, but they check your movement log. If they see and obscure movement like you moved from A to Z without passing through B till Y you will get caught. Just don't do it so often and if you are going to call a GM, log off first.

Return to “FFXI General Chat”