Server Change

Post anything FFXI releated in here.
Zero_Racer
Helpfull Botter

do you know if GMs can Switch you to a diffrent server with a request ?
MPK
Pro Botter

I bet you 99 million gil that they wouldn't, were they even actually able to.
Cooleko
Mod in Training

it is believed by many that GMs can switch servers.... however, i have yet to see it done, and GMs will not own up to it. But i have heard a lot of people say that GMs will trade their friends characters to other servers...

I guess i will say how they do it too

they have their friends delete there characters. after the character disapears, the GM goes in and fishes it up, at this point, the GM can alter ANYTHING, gil, items, lvls, and the server. This i know to be true, because my rl friend deleted his character and the GM added a few lvls to a couple of his jobs << >>
Diemos
Pro Botter

GMs can change servers. I heard a rumor or something about being able to change servers with the next expansion. I also saw a screenshot with a GM having a conversation with a player, and the GM was on my server only I thought. If GMs can switch servers, why can't players?
Snoopy
Pro Botter

GM's CAN switch servers, since it would be irrational to allocate a few GM's per server, they rather allocate a whole shed load of GM's to all the servers. The GM's can switch servers only to help deal with situations, that's all. I seriously doubt they have the power to give you extra levels, gil and such since their power is limited to account suspension, banning etc. I think a much higher ranking officer in the company would have access to account changes. And with the whole switching servers thing, i think they probably CAN move your character through servers, since it can be done through migrations but i seriously doubt they would. Even if you say everyone on your server hates you, they probably tell you to sod off. But the thing about GM's moving servers, yes they can and it has been proven by people having conversations with the same GM has been seen over many other servers.
djcid
Pro Botter

I just want to split my mules off from my main that way I have two accounts and can sned and recieve stuff without having to log on and off.
Mindeater

bulrogg wrote:I just want to split my mules off from my main that way I have two accounts and can sned and recieve stuff without having to log on and off.
They're talking about moving characters to other servers but you are talking about moving characters between accounts.

I've never heard of that being allowed...ever...

Moving to other servers is of course possible and there have been times int he past when new servers were brought online where SE invited players to transfer.

As far as who can change what data, there will be GM's that are working from home (majority) and there will be some that work in an SE office. I am sure that the GM's have no tool to allow them to edit attributes or items of a player HOWEVER, I am equally sure that some SE staff will have the necessary knowledge and privileges to make SQL updates on the various databases to effect such changes.

They will be working on a server migration tool which will be a way to automate a server migration. I am pretty sure that the only reason they say that they cannot do it now is because of the extra workload they would get. I would guess that for every 1000 players, you might have 10-100 that would want to change servers in the first week. If word got out that GM's would do this, you would have a big problem with other GM calls going unanswered for many more hours.

The server migration may involve a quest but I am sure that at the very least it will involve an NPC like the outpost teleport one. They may limit you to how often you can migrate by making you complete a quest which is only possible to take once a tally. Otherwise you would get gil sellers killing Argus on server 1, then migrating to server 2 and so on.

All my opinions of course- absolutely no SE confirmation on any of this..
Snoopy
Pro Botter

I seriously doubt they would let you teleport through servers that easily. The only time they will ever allow server transfers are official server migrations. This is just to reduce the population loads on certain servers and spread it out onto a few new servers. The current speculations are that when the new expansion comes out coupled with the release of the Xbox360, SE will allow players to migrate to a brand new server. Whether this is true or not is another thing, but if it is im sooo out of Asura.
Spar13

Ok here is the laydown
Gm's can move to any server they want at anytime...
We can not....
there will be a update/option after new years that will allow everyone to move to any server they want... I do not have enough detail but I have talked to a few gm's

Return to “FFXI General Chat”