Hyper bot screwed up normal ffxi function

Complete walkthrough on Installing and Configuring your Rogue Fisher software.
johntotherescue

when i was using hyper fishing bot the item names would disappear, which never bothered me, but since i used it this morning, the names are never there and i can't be in the game for more than a few min before the program just exits. even when i'm not using your program. i tested it for the few min i was able to stay online and it still hyper fishes. i'd love to reinstall but i dont' have disks anymore. can you help me?
evildr
!MAXIMUM RANK!

I keep getting shocked at how many ppl play this game but somehow lose their ffxi disk, don't ppl keep their software cd's anymore?

Your problem is easy to fix without reinstall but for your own peace of mind you really should try to get copies of the CD's in case you ever need to reinstall. All you need to do is to get copies of the current ffxi.dll and ffximain.dll files and paste them over the ones that are currently in your ffxi folder. Another good practice besides keeping disks is to make backups of the current files that get updated in order to be able to go back such as these two files. These files can be gotten either from a friend who plays, online search(maybe), or by paying Burners the extra to have access to the bonus download forum on this site.
Cooleko
Mod in Training

evildr, how'd you become a mod in training?
evildr
!MAXIMUM RANK!

lol dunno but I suspect it was when I hit 500 posts

https://www.forum.ffxiscripting.com/viewtopic.php?t=2182

occured they day after I posted in the above thread.
johntotherescue

thankyou very much. and the reason i don't have my disks is because they were stolen along with a number of other games during a party at my house. i appreciate the help
evildr
!MAXIMUM RANK!

:( sorry to here that. yeah if you have access to the bonus download section then it'll take all of a minute to fix but if not just send burners the paypal payment(10 or 15 dollars if I remember correctly) and you'll have access to lots of really cool stuff in addition to those files that got replaced.
Fujiwuji
Intermediate Botter

evildr wrote:All you need to do is to get copies of the current ffxi.dll and ffximain.dll files and paste them over the ones that are currently in your ffxi folder.
which current .dll's from where to where?
from Burner > curent Playonline .dll's?
from current Playonline .dll's > Burner?
evildr
!MAXIMUM RANK!

lol It really is as simple as I said, your just second guessing yourself or me. You take the copies of ffxi.dll and ffximain.dll, the current ones, that you get from wherever and paste them into your ffxi folder.

ex. on my computer, and default, it would be

C:\Program Files\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\Final Fantasy XI\

Can't get any more direct then that.
StarlightSeller
Botter on the rise

Same problem, and where do you exactly get these two files? Because I'm at a complete loss for where the hell I'm supposed to find them. So far this bot is a waste of money imo.

So after we "replace" these files and finally get things back to normal, then what? Is there a way to prevent this from happening again? Will it do it constantly? Is it only hyper mode?

Because it seems to me like a lot of answers here are all under the assumptions that we all know everything about ffxi and the way it functions and is programmed.
evildr
!MAXIMUM RANK!

No the forums do not assume any of those things, what we do assume is that you took the time to read this forum before asking for help that may have already been answered.

You can get the ffxi.dll and ffximain.dll from any one of three locations.
- the bonus download section of forum if you have paid burners for
access to them
- on the internet from a torrent download if you can find one
- reinstall ffxi on your computer and run the updates to get the
current .dll's

This bot does have significant issues atm, but we also have one of the best current fishbots posted elsewhere on this site so it doesn't really matter. And the biggest advantage of this site is the community posted and modified bot's/code including all the various hacks. As far as I know most of the bots other then fishbot work fine still and as I said we have a killer fishbot on the other thread.

The .dll problem only occurrs when you are running the hyperbot and there is a error/bad logout. So as long as it logs out correctly before you stop the hyperbot then it won't be an issue in the future. If you are worried you could always keep a copy of those .dll's current versions copied on your desktop so you can replace them if it fucks up again.

Once again we try not to assume people have in depth understanding of programming or ffxi internal functionality but sometimes we forget to explain everything. I'm sorry if this has happened but just tell us when you do not understand something and we will gladly explain it as long as it is not just someone being too lazy to read the forums.(we don't have the time to answer everything 5 times)
StarlightSeller
Botter on the rise

Well I ended up just completely uninstalling and reinstalling ffxi and the expansions. Everything was back to normal. I'm using the non hyper version now and the bot casts, sorts, and such. However it doesn't seem to ever reel in any fish or even make an attempt. Is my skill level too low? Or is this a common problem with this particular bot?

[EDIT] Ran thr bot successfully. However again the bot did not even attempt to reel the fish in once during any of my 20 bites. Any help here would be greatly appreciated. This is really the only other useful bot I'm trying to get to work since the synthing bot is apparently broken right now.
evildr
!MAXIMUM RANK!

from what I understand this one does still technically work but since my chars fishing is higher I do not know if ti works for lvling. I primarily use the Iocaine fisher I posted in the other section on this site anyways because it works fantastically. As I said we have a VERY good working bot on this site elsewhere. Here is the link:

https://forum.ffxiscripting.com/viewtopic.php?t=3091

Return to “Help - Fishing Bot”