SO Uncool, please check this out.

Feel free to talk about anything here.
ferettmerr
Botter on the rise

Well i had no idea where to post this, and i couldnt think of any other site that would offer the most remote help possible. Heres my problem:
My account was hacked, i call playonline. They go threw they verification bullshit them WAM. The person who hacked my account changed my address.
For those of you who dont know, you need to know the address to get any sort of account information.

So this is the thing, i want to find out if there is anyway to get my account back, or find some way to hack my password back. I have no idea who i has my account, the person doesnt even live in my state. If anyone has had previous experience with this, it would be a great help if you could either pm me or post.

Thank you for your help.
Jinzoh
Programmer

well u could call up the dude and yell at him now that u know his address... sorry man though, that sux
darkrift
Pro Botter

lol .. thats sucks...

i find it hard to believe you account was hacked you sure you didnt give away your info?...

if it did get hacked how on earth does someone go about doing this?

i am sure its possible but would someone go through the trouble?
evildr
!MAXIMUM RANK!

Dunno about for ffxi but from some IT security notices I do know there is at least one trojan out there in circulation that targets WOW login/password and relay's it after which the account is stolen and stripped for rmt.
Zamphire

actually, just ask them to go back to the billing period of last month, if you can provide all the information from last month they should change your password. I had to do it once because i lost the CC i had used and had to go back a few months
ferettmerr
Botter on the rise

Thanks for all your input. About trying to go back to last payment. Ive tried it, they say they cannot see when things were changed or when you were last billed. Only if the card was suspended. So thats out of the question. I talked with a supervisor over their and the guy was an absolute dickwad for lack of a better description. He said he will not do anything, even tho i can prove 99% of everything he asked, that 1% is just rediculous considering it can be changed. He said i could write a formal letter to his boss stating the problem, so ill do that and see what happens.

Return to “Lounge”