General Computer Help

Feel free to talk about anything here.
Chibi
Intermediate Botter

So i installed a new vid card this morning and when i went to go install the software and change settings i noticed my vid card CD wasn't coming up. Usually CDs just run right away on Auto-run when entered in the CD tray. Anyways i went to "My Computer" and both my DVD and CD-RW drives have a "!" beside it. Its saying in troubleshoter that the drivers are installed but undecetable. WTF!!!

Can anyone help with this problem i'm having?? This is my only way to watch "My dvds" lol becasue my son has taken over the living room with his teenage mutant turtles...
MPK
Pro Botter

Did you disconnect them by mistake when you installed the video card? Accidentally unplug the power from the drives?
Chibi
Intermediate Botter

Nope i've plugged and unplugged them dozens of times and this has never happened to me before.

like your avatar man,
evildr
!MAXIMUM RANK!

no good idea but the only thing that comes to mind that would I'm pretty sure cause that error is if you installed the drivers and then deleted the files. This would leave the flags that they were installed but when they tried to access the files nothing would be there, I think.
MPK
Pro Botter

I would uninstall the drivers and reinstall the hardware to see if that doesn't solve the problem. I guess your main concern is making sure that Windows is even detecting the drives.
Gyruss
Advanced Botter

Try this:

Remove the video card and install your old one back temporarily.

It's possible the new video card is causing a hardware conflict which is disabling your I/O controller for the drives.

If this indeed fixes it, install the new video card software first, and then shutdown and remove the old card, and plug in the new card.

Hopefully when the system comes back up, you'll get auto plug-and-play detection and it will setup your card correctly without conflicts and everything will be working.
Chibi
Intermediate Botter

so reinstalling the vid card didn't do anything...i'm trying to hunt down my dell CDs to install the drivers.

Return to “Lounge”