if so

Complete walkthrough on Installing and Configuring your Rogue Fisher software.
coro
NewB Botter

question
do they have to physically see you using the bot or do they detect it on the server because ill just find a secluded spot if thats the case
Hammy025
Site Admin

They can't detect you using the fish bot unless you're using Iocaine's killfish feature. Even then, its only in theory and I doubt you would get caught anyway considering there are tons of people that use it. From my experience and from what I've read, fish botters normally get busted when they don't respond to another player's /tell. There are a lot of people that look for botters and if they suspect you, they'll send a /tell. If you don't respond, they'll call a GM. Then the GM sends you a /tell. If you don't respond to that, you're most likely getting suspended.
With that said, picking a secluded spot has worked for me. Got busted botting afk in town (yeah, not a bright move). I used to get 2 or more /tells a session in town. Since botting out of town in secluded areas, I haven't gotten a single /tell. Normally the only people in these areas are other botters. Hope that helps.

Return to “Help - Fishing Bot”