Catch Only option, I NEED YOUR INPUT

Complete walkthrough on Installing and Configuring your Rogue Fisher software.
burners
Site Admin

Ok so I am thinking of putting in a catch inly option, but I dont know which fish you guys would like to only catch.

Basically what the option will do is allow you to check a box or boxes that allow you to catch only 1 or more types of fish and drop everything else.

So if all you want is moat carps then you just check the box and you will drop everything but moat carps.

Lemme know what other fish you want to see in this upcomming option.

So far I have

Moat Carps
Gold Carps
Titaniticus
elraleigh

That would be great for just thing that we want to lvl on or make gil on, but they list would have to be way bigger than the drop one i'm guessing
Infirno

would there be a way for you to have a place to type the name of what you want to only keep in and the bot will drop everything else? Just a thought, don't know how the programming works.
burners
Site Admin

nah thats why Im asking what people would want to keep.
evildr
!MAXIMUM RANK!

not too worried bout it myself but in terms of money both yellow globes and cobalt jellyfish go for almost as much as moat carp because their used in lvling alchemy.
endersblade

I think we all agree that a pulldown menu would be a plus. Obviously, Moat carp/Forest carp are keepers. Globes and Jellies as well, as well as any legendary fish or any hard to find fish that are actually worth keeping. I'd say Sardines too--cookers use them a lot for pait, and they sell decently on the AH. That's about my extent of knowledge on fish...
bustamachine

do you mean you still catch the fish and the bot drops it from your inventory? what would be better imo would be if the bot could check stamina or weight to tell what type of fish is on the line to either release or pull in if its possible.
burners
Site Admin

the bot will drop everything including fish as long as its not the fish you have selected to NOT be dropped
evildr
!MAXIMUM RANK!

the Ryugu Titan is a must, 50k each on AH and if you gut the with the quest it has a chance of dropping a 1.9mil sword. :blingsmile: Anyways i think the previous post listing several bout covers it.
Wakachiba
L33t Botter

After reading a well put guide on fishing, I realized their may be away to get around fishing monsters.
2. Stamina Fishing
Stamina Fishing allows you to avoid fighting monsters by never fishing them up in the first place, but requires that you pay pretty close attention to the depletion rate of the stamina bar. If the message you get when something catches your hook is followed by three exclamation marks (!!!), then you have either caught a large fish or a monster. If you do not press any of the direction keys while the rod is in the 10 o'clock or 2 o'clock positions but the stamina bar still depletes (slowly), then you have hooked a monster. On the other hand, if you do not press any of the direction keys while the rod is in the 10 o'clock or 2 o'clock positions and the stamina bar does not deplete, then you have hooked a large fish. It should only take a few seconds to determine if the stamina bar is depleting or not while the rod is in the 10 or 2 positions.
This was taken from part of the guide and the link to the full guide is as followed:

Akirussan's Fishing Guide

Fishing in outdoor areas yields better bite rates than cities. From this, it is quit obvious that fishing in outdoor areas is better. So I was thinking and came to the conclusion that maybe there can be a function in the bot to Stamina Fish in outdoor areas while your away from keyboard. The quote and link provide efficient information showing that if you are to catch a monster their will always be three exclamation marks at the end of the sentence. Knowing this, is there anyway possible to add a feature in the bot to detect the three exclamation marks and not reel in? This way you can fish in outdoor areas while your asleep without having to wake up to a dead character.
PalmWarez

I was just wondering. This sounds like a great feature, but if you did add this to the fishing bot, would there still be an option to keep all the fish we catch? I am currently trying to get Lu Shang's Fishing Rod and, when I run out of bait, I trade the Moat Carp to Gallijaux (which I noticed I get 10gil for each, not 100gil) and I sell the Tricolored Carp, Gold Carp to the AH. I like keeping and selling the extra fish. Helps pay for the bait.

So I was wondering if you add this feature to the bot, will there be an option to keep all the fish still; if we want to? ,)
Last edited by PalmWarez on Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zonecode88

So I was wondering if you add this feature to the bot, will there be an option to keep all the fish still; if we want to?
Of course. The "catch only" option will be just that, an option. Like every update to the versatility of the bot, Burners will make it an option, to be used or ignored by the end user. For example the "rusty drop" option has the checkboxes, which you can not use if you don't want to, also the "P4 HT" fix has a checkbox. So don't worry about that, I believe it is a goal of Burners to allow the user as many choices and options possible for his software. (consumers like choices ;) )
Bagwellfan16
Advanced Botter

As a lower lvl fisherman when i try to catch the black sole i always catch all kinds of other stuff, from cobaltjellys tiger cod and yellow globes to bastore sardines and then ofcourse black sole. So i think you should add the black sole in the list as well. Also if anyone knows when you get to a higher lvl will you catch those shitty fish?

Thanks
yellowzm
Helpfull Botter

the fish that i prefer to keep are:
moat carp
forest carp
monke onke
yellow globes
bluetail
and well a lot of others, basically any fish that are used in a recipe.
zonecode88

As a lower lvl fisherman when i try to catch the black sole i always catch all kinds of other stuff, from cobaltjellys tiger cod and yellow globes to bastore sardines and then ofcourse black sole. So i think you should add the black sole in the list as well. Also if anyone knows when you get to a higher lvl will you catch those shitty fish?

Thanks
Yea high skill level fishers will still catch the crap fish in Port Jeunp with black sole. But they're not really crap. Tiger Cod will cut into bait that is super to target sole and squids in Qufim, and if you know a cook, you can get a synth rate of 2/stack (thats 6 stacks of bait per stack of fish). The cobalt jellyfish sell for 3/k stack on Jeuno AH in phoenix... So its actually a great place to afk bot fish. But please don't cause its way too heavily trafficed.

Return to “Help - Fishing Bot”