Computer

Feel free to talk about anything here.
Sevastien
Mod in Training

I decided to buy a new computer and i have 1.7k to spend on it but i dont know which one is better AMD or Intel for gaming. Any help?

I think i found some nice sites for it https://www.cyberpowerpc.com/Default.asp

and

https://www.ibuypower.com
burners
Site Admin

Im a totaly AMD fan but those new intel core 2 duo (note the 2, not just core duo but core 2 duo) are pretty insane.

I would see what newegg has to offer for that price.
newegg is very fast (usally get stuff in 3 days even from cali to michigan) and very reliable. Its the only place I buy computer parts any more.

Also do you need a monitor mouse and keyboard? and if so I would compare what you can get for a package deal and seperate.

Personally Id buy my monitor seperate because if you like crts you can get them cheaper local, if you like LCD's then theres only a few worth anything for gamming and the best are made by dell (hence you wont get one in any package deal other then a dell).

Speaking of which, if you would prefer payments dell might be worth looking into. The actually do have some really nice stuff and its only a tad over priced, the offset is the dell in house financing.
Just remember some stuff like the mobos, cases, and power supplies are usally proprietary. But thats the costs for being inovaters and pioneers on some of todays latest technology.

For instance did you know dell was the first to combine an Intel dual core and SLI ? Its true my friend bought the xps machine because he wanted dual core and sli right when it first was available and still has it now.
Sevastien
Mod in Training

i heard the xps is crazy ya i been thinking of getting a amd. Im not a big fan of dell tho. but ill look into newegg what they have i purchased a graphic card their before and it shipped mad fast.
burners
Site Admin

Also Id suggest maybe spending the extra cash and getting a new dx10 graphics card since ur spending alot of mula anyway.

Dx10 cards are here now and vista is out I think or will be soon and the new dx10 games are fuckin nuts.

Also wanted to let you know you should just build it yourself, maybe check out this months maximum pc magazine because ironically enough on the cover it says "Build your own $1,500 PC" and its a DX10 gamming pc and even someone that knows nuthing about computers can follow the step by step.

If you want I can help with picking out the parts and if you wanted you could ship everything here and I will assembly and test it for free then just pay shipping to you.

Im kinda itchin to build a new dx10 pc. Ive done it for a free members here already plus im burners so obviously you can trust me lol.
Sevastien
Mod in Training

rofl ya that would be nice. ill do that then i trust u and we all know your good with pc's lol.
burners
Site Admin

Drop me a pm and Ill give you my cell number and u can give me a call to discuss.

Thats goes for anyone btw, even if you just want some tips on what to buy or anything like that. Just drop me a pm and ill give you my cell and we can b/s anytime.
Sevastien
Mod in Training

heh will do soon im still getting all the stuff together so it will be a bit but right when i get it all rdy ill pm you.

ps. will ffx work on the new vista ?
burners
Site Admin

Search the forums, theres some work around for it.

You need any help selecting the parts? Are you building a dx10 rig?
Hammy025
Site Admin

Just thought I'd mention that I just bought a 22" widescreen LCD on Mwave.com for $289. It may not be the absolute top of the line for gaming, but I was really happy with performance for the price. Since you've got the money, you might wanna go higher end, but thought I'd mention it anyway.
Sevastien
Mod in Training

haha lol ya ill be building the dx10 lol gonna give me a bit before i get all the money i need but if you can give me a estimate how much it will cost so i k how much i still need? lol

as long as it dosent go over 2k lol i dont have that much money to spend on pc.
whopper
Pro Botter

there was a thread on the pol page about vista they plan to have a working patch to play 11 on vista around the offical launch date of vista
Sevastien
Mod in Training

sweet thats good to know then
snake4027
L33t Botter

Sorry for this to be offtopic, but I didnt want to make a whole new one for one question. :)

I am having problems with my PC, its new and sometimes when I turn it on it will freeze @ the windows loading bar... Have to turn the PC off and on again a few times for it to load.

Anyone know what the problems is? Thanks
burners
Site Admin

Could be a ton of things.
Software issue (most likely)
spyware type crap (highly likely)
Bad drivers (very likely)
Bad power supply
heat issue
bad ram
even a faulty switch thats sticking internally
snake4027
L33t Botter

Burners wrote:Could be a ton of things.
Software issue (most likely)
spyware type crap (highly likely)
Bad drivers (very likely)
Bad power supply
heat issue
bad ram
even a faulty switch thats sticking internally
I think I have found the problem, I would turn my PC on, then my ASDL modem on almost at the same time, then the windows bar would keep freezing until the modem has fully setup.

So I turn the modem on first wait until all the lights are green, then turn the PC power on :)

Modem seems to be the problem, might need to buy a new one tho.

Return to “Lounge”