Need Help

Post anything FFXI releated in here.
Runeblade
Pro Botter

Hi everyone. I was just wondering some things. I quit and just recently came back, to see a lot of people getting banned for hacking. I was just wondering

1) Is it still safte to hack? Which hacks are safte and which ones aren't? I particulary liked to use MrArgus - is that one safte?

2) I came back to the game recently and it's very difficult for me to make gil with the changes, etc. I was wondering if I could get any tips for making gil. If you could help, i'd appreciate it. Thanks [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/PDT_12.gif" alt="/:))" title="Smile 2" />
zanmoto
Helpfull Botter

I don't think MrArgus is one of the safer ones especially if you use it to warp to the mob. From what I understand alot of the job helpers are pretty safe to use, Flee tool is always a dangerous one.

As far as gil is concerned, not sure what to say its hard to come by for me too, check out some of the guides here for gardening and what not and see of you like any of those routes, gardening Chocobo feed such as vomp carrots and bazaaring them seem to work well for me when I'm not actually playing the game.

Good Luck and welcome back.
Sevastien
Mod in Training

welcome back to ffx its harder to make gil but they are always the nm that wil lgive u good gil and bcnm like royal jelly
Runeblade
Pro Botter

Thank you. Good thing I have some gil saved up :P
Hammy025
Site Admin

As zanmoto said, the speed hacks are very dangerous. SE seems to have locked down on anyone that uses a position or flee/speed tool. I'm pretty sure they have automatic checks on the server now that makes sure you're not moving too fast. Since Argus withOUT warping is still just a passive hack (doesn't write any data that I am aware of) the servers can't "automatically" detect that you're using it. However, if you're using it in highly camped areas, I'm sure GM's keep an eye on whose doing what and might catch someone using it a lot.

I still rely on the good ole Iocaine to make money. I realize that AH prices for fish went in the toilet months ago, so I NPC everything and still make money. You can make almost as much fishing black sole and NPC'ing them as you do by selling on AH. But you have to be willing to either run Iocaine on your main account while you're away or get a 2nd account to hack with.
zebulen
Helpfull Botter

u can always get woodworking to 30 and make stacks of shihei (nin tools) on my sever they sell for 5-10k
zanmoto
Helpfull Botter

The price for a stack of shihei on Ramuh has hit bottom, its actully cheaper to buy them than to craft them, I'm gonna try selling toobagsX12 and see how i make out

Return to “FFXI General Chat”