Will my computer support this graphics card? help please

Feel free to talk about anything here.
Kyoshinra
Pro Botter

Meh, well been looking for about 3 hours now, having a hard time figuring out if my computers motherboard will support "ATI RADEON 9250 256 MB DDR PCI Bus video card", the graphics card I have right now is a Nvidia GeForce FX 5200, and from what ive been reading, its not a very good card now a days. Any help I can get for this would be appreciated as soon as possible, thanks.

And here is what I think is an open slot to put another graphics card in, sorry for bright picture

zonecode88

You have a 865PE chipset, like me. That means that you can't use PCI-E video cards in your machine. A regular PCI slot (like you have) will not work. You need a AGP video card. I reccommend NVIDIA 6600GT AGP. There are other specs to keep in mind as well. Higher end AGP cards need their own power connector on the inside to run. Which means that it will use alot more power than your 5200. So make sure your power supply is around 350Watts or more with 20 or more 12v amps (and that you have an extra unused power connector). I went from a Geforce 5700LE to the 6600GT, and the card is badass. There may be other/better AGP cards out there, but AGP is being phased out in favor of PCI-E, so new ones are few and far between. Good Luck.

Return to “Lounge”