FishBotters Beware! Goblin Bounty Hunters lurkin'

Post anything FFXI releated in here.
dethknt
Botter on the rise

According to SE, a new Mob, Goblin Bounty Hunters, will be roaming the coasts of a few famous botting zones. I don't have the exact zones, but I think V. Dunes, B. Downs, Quifim, and Bub. Peninsula are most of the spots. No one is sure of what they'll aggro to, or what lvl they will be, but this seems to be another attempt by SE to combat RMT fish bots.

Lucky for me I infrequently bot these areas ATM, but I'm curious as to the details on these new mobs, and how they will affect bot fishing in these areas. So, it may be too early to tell whether this will impact non-RMT botters as much as RMT botters. Either way, just wanted to get the word out to watch your AFK botting for a while to ensure you don't come back to a KO'd char.
milobiggs
Helpfull Botter

Sigh... once again this will just become another minor inconvenience for the serious botter. OK so a mob can aggro you while you're fishing. Easy solution.... level up your bot, no more aggro. Unless SE did some weird shit to make the gob only aggro you while you are fishing but that just seems.... um.... stupid. Just my two cents. [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/PDT_02.gif" alt="/mack" title="Mackdaddy" />
t0xIc
Pro Botter

It will probably aggro all levels, and even at 75, would slowly kill you.
Hammy025
Site Admin

Do you have any links as to where you found this info about the new mobs? It sounds like a logical deterrant from SE, so I'm curious as to the validity of it. Even if this is so, we'll come up with something to get around the problem, don't worry about that. [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/PDT_19.gif" alt="/;)" title="Wink" />
evildr
!MAXIMUM RANK!

Heya Hammy the info is in the details of the update on the official ffxi site

https://www.playonline.com/pcd/update/ff ... etail.html
astokes

yeah i killed it a few times lastnight. that thing runs up and down the beaches looking for someone to attack.
dethknt
Botter on the rise

I ran by one in the dunes last night. It conned EP to me at lvl 30, so it probably would still aggro me on the beach. I didn't see a soul out there xp'ing, so these probably aggro like any other mob, but who knows. I would suspect these mobs are probably around the same lvl as the mobs found in that zone so people lvling up there could actually kill it. I'll be searching the forums for more details, will report back then. In the mean time, bot in safer zones to avoid the gobs.
Hurricane
Advanced Botter

I just come as 75-Summoner put my Carby Mitts and Apollo’s Staff on, pull out Carby and then fish. Whatever hits me is irrelevant, Carbuncle will smoke them.
Hammy025
Site Admin

Good suggestions. Wish my 14 Smn could do that [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/PDT_13.gif" alt="/:(" title="Frown" />
Sevastien
Mod in Training

the gobbies are pretty weak i hit them with a couple spells and they croaked thoguht they would be harder.
Hammy025
Site Admin

What's really dumb is that they respawn in like 3 minutes and in some places there are multiple gobs on one beach (secret beach in dunes). This totally kills the xp camps there (also at the lake in Qufim). Seriously, why does SE need 3 on one beach that all respawn in 3 minutes? I mean, if you're a low level botter, you can't even beat 1 and if you're higher level, they don't agro, so what's the point? Sorry for ranting, just thought it was a good idea (from SE's point of view), but implemented poorly and hurt all players in the process. [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/PDT_17.gif" alt="/con" title="Concentrate" />
Hurricane
Advanced Botter

Hammy025 wrote:... This totally kills the xp camps there (also at the lake in Qufim). Seriously, why does SE need 3 on one beach that all respawn in 3 minutes? I mean, if you're a low level botter, you can't even beat 1 and if you're higher level, they don't agro, so what's the point? ...
Yeah, I was watching a few XP parties in Qufim get wiped because of the Bounty Hunters. It was ridiculous.
anthonydude91
NewB Botter

Yea I was at the dunes the other day and BAM!!! my fellow party member died from those Bounty Hunters thing. Then a Banshee wiped out the rest of my party. But the Goblin Bounty Hunters should only aggro to fishing. But then again I don't care because if theres trouble I wont be around. Some ways the goblin is usful and some ways there shouldn't be one. Like I said they should aggro only to fishermen/fisherwomen.
milobiggs
Helpfull Botter

Ughh those gobs are freakin bull shit. I was in a pt in qufim island, thf pulled a goblin bountyhunter... it took us forever to kill. Luckily we had a lvl 52 RDM PL with us. If we hadnt we so would have wiped within 30 seconds... at lvl 25. Whats worse is that the 52 RDM was getting whacked pretty hard from it, stoneskin was wearing after a few hits etc... it conned as easy prey to him. Easy prey high def and evasion to a lvl 52 character in an area where you're supposed to be able to exp from lvl 20-25. It just sucks that in some areas you cant even exp off of them, but alas they can come up and wipe out your party... gee thanks you SE bastards! *rant off* :P

Return to “FFXI General Chat”