Did SE nerf outside fishing?

Feel free to talk about anything here.
milobiggs
Helpfull Botter

Ok something odd happened today, I was in Jugner Forrest bot fishing , using the fish ID option on Iocaine to catch fish to skill me up. One of those said fish were Gold Carp. Well my bot was doing it's thing while I was watching tv.... when I noticed that the music had changed. It was different than the normal fish or monster music. My bot proceeded to pull up a monster. Luckily the bot character is high lvl, so it had no problems killing off the monster. Now I was thinking "wtf, I have the bot set to only fish up certain IDs", hence it should not have pulled up a monster. I went to check the test log when I noticed the monster had the EXACT same ID numbers, but different HP as a Gold Carp, thus the bot program thought it was a fish when it really was a monster. If I had been AFK instead of within earshot of the bot, the pulled up monster would have eventually killed me. The next day I was back in Jugner... and once again the exact same thing happened. Man this is gonna suck if SE has planted monsters with the same fish ID's to stop bot fishing. I was just curious if this has happened to anyone else using this program.
Hammy025
Site Admin

That is really wierd. Just to be clear, you didn't change fishing rods in between, right? I know most monsters have fish ID1=300 and so does golden carp which was always strange to me. Bottom line, there has to be a difference somewhere (besides HP). If the server returns you two fish ID's, they have to be unique to a single fish, monster or item. Otherwise, when it first bites, your client PC will not know what message to display (ie, "You have a terrible feeling about this one!!!" or w/e) and it won't know in what manner to make your rod move back and forth (there's a big difference in the way a monster acts on the rod than say a cobalt jellyfish). Perhaps there is a third fish ID that we don't know about, but its odd that we've only seen it on one fish.

If you think everything's ok with your fish ID's, can you tell me what rod you're using and what fish ID's you have for the carp? I'll go fishing and see if I can figure it out.

I don't think, however, they've changed anything. I'm guessing this is a fluke and won't happen on 99.9% of fish. On my Lu Shang's list (which is fairly complete before ToAU and WotG) I count 7 fish that have ID1=300 and might cause problems.
milobiggs
Helpfull Botter

Sure, I was using a Halcyon rod and insect balls the entire time. The Gold Carp fish info that I have is... HP 4683-4512, ID1 300, ID2 18, Zone ID 104. With what you said about a lot of monsters having ID1 300, yeah I'm starting to wonder if it's just some random fluke in Jugner Lake where the carp and the monster both have IDs of 300 and 18, because it happened yet again yesterday, the bot tried fishing up a monster. Luckily I"m not doing AFK fishing, so as soon as I hear the music, I can cancel it. What's weird though is that it seems like there are different monsters that it can catch. A good 90% of the time when it catches a monster it will cancel it like it should. It only tried to reel in that specific monster twice in the hour and a half that I was fishing there yesterday. Ah well worse case I'll just have to listen for the change in music and cancel it manually. Thanks for the info though, it was helpful. ^^
Hammy025
Site Admin

Ok, I finally got out fishing in Jugner and it took a while, but I had the same thing happen. Its a "Ferocious Pugil" to be specific. There is in fact a 3rd fish ID and I included it when I was fishing, but as it happens, the mob and the gold carp both had the same 3rd ID as well. There has to be some other data somewhere in the structure that differentiates between the fish and mob. I don't have time to look into it now, and I think fixing Iocaine as it is would be troublesome anyway. But I'm still planning on finishing Iocaine 2 this summer and I'll definitely look into this farther before its released. I'd hate for this to become a bigger issue somewhere else later on.

Until then, sorry, but I guess you're gonna catch mobs along with your gold carp in jugner [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/PDT_13.gif" alt="/:(" title="Frown" />
milobiggs
Helpfull Botter

Thanks for the reply :P Its not big deal anyways, I never do AFK fishing nowadays anyway due to SE slapping people with the Banning Stick left and right. It is a minor inconvenience, but nothing so horrible that I'm going to stop fishing in Jugner. Thanks again for all of the work that you're doing on this bot. :P

Return to “Lounge”