were screwed....

Complete walkthrough on Installing and Configuring your Rogue Provoking software.
Vale
Pro Botter

Aug. 1, 2005 10:00 [PDT]

FINAL FANTASY XI Update (Aug. 1)

At the following time, we performed a FINAL FANTASY XI version update.

*The client software will also be updated at this time. Once this maintenance is completed, the client update will start automatically after logging back into FINAL FANTASY XI. Please follow the instructions that appear on your screen.

[Date & Time]
Aug. 1, 2005 from 10:00 to 13:00 (PDT)

[Affected Services]
FINAL FANTASY XI

[Important Update Details]
etc etc etc etc then:

- Players will no longer be able to use spells or abilities to claim a monster as soon as it appears.
If players attempt to use spells or abilities to claim a monster before a set amount of time has passed since it appeared, they will not be able to use those spells etc. again for a certain duration.

- The incomplete synthesis recipe for the "A Moral Manifest?" quest has been corrected.
- Several other minor issues have been addressed

omg... ; ; can u fix this burners? >.< .... i hear u might w/ old .dlls
evildr
!MAXIMUM RANK!

there would be many possible ways to take care of this but which one to use would depend on how the voke bot will operate. all you really need is for it to delay for the designated amount of time before it vokes the mob.
They didn't really change anything substantial from what their message says, only made the voke window a little later, still the same otherwise though. :)
Vale
Pro Botter

so can i use burners voke bot fine on ultra speed? :(
evildr
!MAXIMUM RANK!

I don't normaly use the voke bot however the voke bot should work. The only problem is that until it is adjusted you will prolly hit the dead early part if you voke as soon as it pops. On the other hand the bot will keep trying so as sooon as your able to again it will voke so you may lose some to manually played characters but you will still get alot i'd assume. My message was really just saying that the update would not be that dificult to adjust for.
LCNatRamuh

this changes seems to make "How fast is your voke/casting" into "How fast is your connection to server". you can delay the claim time... ya that's great no more pop claimed,(maybe), but if you and a JP voke at the same time who will win? JP ONLY! Orz...

as for the duration, dono how SE set this up yet.
does all the NM has same delay duration?
does server send another packet to your pc that allow you to voke?
or it's included in the first packet that tell you NM is spwaning?

either way... other players beside JP will LOSE. with everything been equal, server determine who gets claim from the first packet recive from vokers.

the reason why SE do this is to make game looks more fair to everybody, ya you won't c nm pop claimed anymore cool, but will you beat the claim?
probably not. only make SE feel little less guilt about unfair reality to all player. GM can tell you, you suck that's all.
evildr
!MAXIMUM RANK!

yeah I do not know the specific mechanics of how they are doing it either though I would suspect it's one of two possibilities.

- for so many seconds after NM spawns if they recieve a packet trying
to claim it they ignore any packets from you for the penalty amount
of time. Afterwards everything is normal again.

or - if the server recieves a claim packet for the NM during the first few
seconds after spawning it sends a packet back adding time to the
recast timer of the ability you just used making you unable to use
the ability/spells for a longer period.

I personaaly suspect the second approach or something similar was used because of the way they described the new system but I have not tried a NM to see if their description is accurate.
"- Players will no longer be able to use spells or abilities to claim a
monster as soon as it appears.
If players attempt to use spells or abilities to claim a monster
before a set amount of time has passed since it appeared, they
will not be able to use those spells etc. again for a certain
duration. "
The drawback for SE if they did use this approach is that approach is that I would guess we will quickly see cracked ffxi files that do not respond to the return packet or programs that block the specific packet from being recieved by your computer. Both of these types of solutions would be terminal side so dificult for SE to detect without logging and examining every NM spawn everytime.

Also gives a large advantage to mage campers because they have lots more diferent quick voke abilities to keep trying as opposed to voking and waiting to be able to voke again.
djcid
Pro Botter

so we cant use spells or abilites to capture a MOB as soon as it pops.

have you ever been on a killing rampage and as soon as one mob was dead went to attack another and got some message like "you must wait longer" I know when I was first lvling my samuria I would always get that message like I was killing them to fast, before I could lock on to anther one and kill it I had to wait. Maybe thats what they are doing here. Once it spawns if you try to cast a spell or voke it you get that message in red that says you have to wait longer.

so if it wont let you voke or chiblast or cast a spell to claim it.... throw a peeble at it, didnt saw anything about that did it? or is ranged attack concider an ability? if so then you'd literly have to be ready with sword in hand to calim it as soon as it popped.
nikoy2k2
Helpfull Botter

Hey guyz stop yelling about who get first >.> time of JP onry is over ! go try to claim some HMN and see , and if you don't claim .. maybe you r just too bad lol

Since update no JP get F or N on my server hahaha :DD
evildr
!MAXIMUM RANK!

^^ not sure exactly what your point was, we were only discussing the new aspects of the monster claiming in game. And you still should be able to use spells and abilities once each to try to claim, thus if flash doesn't grab em use dia, then holy, etc..
Jinzoh
Programmer

They might just have set it up so that it reads ping and gives a counter delay to even things out so everyone sees at exact same second, and then subtracts delay on the signal back depending on Ping.
drkluv82

/em looks at what it says

- Players will no longer be able to use spells or abilities to claim a monster as soon as it appears.
If players attempt to use spells or abilities to claim a monster before a set amount of time has passed since it appeared, they will not be able to use those spells etc. again for a certain duration.

mean you will just have a longer wait time after using that ability before using again why is everyone freaking out about this?

even so be it if it means you just won't get claim on it you can find out what the duration is and have the bot do a wait from time mob is spotted and then use its ability down to split seconds which human hands can't time tru?
phyllip2004
Advanced Botter

bah this blows... :(
Jinzoh
Programmer

Have you actualy seen this? The wait is just for it to completly materialize for everyone
drkluv82

haven't been to camps lately but it has been confirmed that hnm's grow in power as they are claimed longer watched behemoth kill 20 or so people at the end he was hitting for double KB's strength

i'll look more into the pop if they did give a certain wait then it will be easier to bot the hnm's
Pyrolol

i think many people here have misunderstood this.

the delay time after popping is in fact negative as far as we are concerned

what it stops is people using programs to decrypt the packet data, and find out when the NM will pop before it has popped, and send the packet containing the "vokes the NM" information before the NM has even popped, so that it will arrive an instant before the NM "pops", but before any other type of program even knows the NM was up.

this is apparently no longer possible

so the delay time after popping before a claim is allowed is so small that, for the purpose of ppl using this bot, its not there - just ignore it and continue as normal - it actually gives you an advantage

Return to “Help - Provoking Bot”